Company Name : Thomson Reuters
Job Title : Software Engineer
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Id : JREQ170211
- Python skills
- ReACT skills
- Spring framework
- Networking including working with WebSockets
- JSON parsing / manipulation
- XML parsing / manipulation
- Ability to debug and diagnose issues
- Experience with build servers and creating / maintaining pipelines (Jenkins preferred)
- Proven design and documentation skills
- e.g. High and Low level design documents
- Install documentation
- User documentation
Experience : 2-3yrs+ proven practical Java experience (Java 11+)
• Writes new software, makes modifications to existing software, or integrates software applications and modules in accordance with agreed-upon specifications.
• Ability to understand low-complexity business requirements and translate them into coding
• Actively participates and collaborates in meetings, processes, agile ceremonies and interaction with other technology groups.
• Ability to interpret code and solve problems based on existing good practices and standards
•Participates in the code review process for learning purposes
• Acts on the correction of incidents identified by the continuous code quality inspection tool
• Need for moderate guidance and review in carrying out activities
• Executes on provided design
• May provide technical support to operations or other development teams
• Creates and maintains all required technical documentation / manual related to assigned components to ensure supportability.
• Makes suggestions for problem solutions or software enhancements, which will typically be reviewed by a more senior developer.
• Implements solutions as directed within standards
• Participates in project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements, provide design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
• Provides status updates for own scope of work within projects.
• Participates in internal team and status meetings.
• Develops software using disciplined software development processes, adhering to team/company standards and software best practice guidelines, and corporate policies.
• Explains difficult issues and obtains agreement as needed
• Support the support team in resolving customer issues and remote access
monies, and interaction with other technology groups
• Learns and adapts; bounces back from setbacks.
About Us :
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.