Bank Name : State Bank of India
Job Title : Apprentices
Total Vacancies : 6160
Last Date To Apply : 21.09.2023
About Openings :
- Candidates can apply for engagement in one state only. Candidates can appear for the examination only once under this engagement project.
- The Process of registration is complete only when fee is deposited with the Bank through online mode on or before the last date for payment of fees.
- Before applying, candidates are requested to ensure that they fulfill eligibility criteria for engagement on the date of eligibility.
- Hard copy of application and other documents not to be sent to this office.
- Candidates are requested to apply Online through the link given on the following website https://nsdcindia.org/apprenticeship or https://apprenticeshipindia.org or http://bfsissc.com or
- https://bank.sbi/careers or https://www.sbi.co.in/ careers.
- All revisions/corrigendum (if any) will be hosted on the Bank’s website only.
Age Limit :
Minimum 20 years and maximum 28 years as on 01.08.2023 i.e. candidates must have been born not earlier than 02.08.1995 and not later than 01.08.2003 (both days inclusive).Maximum age indicated is for unreserved and EWS candidates. Relaxation in upper age limit is applicable as per Government of India guidelines for SC/ST/OBC/PwBD candidates.
Education Qualification : Graduation from a recognized University/ Institute.
Training Duration : Duration of training is of one year
The apprentices are eligible for stipend of Rs.15000/- per month for the engagement period of one year. The apprentices are not eligible for any other allowances/ benefits.
Weightage / Relaxation to apprentices in recruitment of Junior associates :
Weightage / Relaxation to apprentices in recruitment of Junior associates shall be given as per recruitment policy of the bank as amended from time to time. Weightage / Relaxation in recruitment of Junior Associates will be given to the apprentices who will successfully complete the Apprenticeship training in our Bank and subject to candidate’s satisfactory conduct and performance during the entire training period. Successful completion of Apprenticeship training refers to passing of skill evaluation test (Trade test) and Obtention of joint National Apprenticeship Certificate jointly issued by SBI-NSDC / BFSI-SSC .
Selection Process :
Selection for engagement of apprentices would be based on the basis of
- online written test
- test of local language
Wait List :
A Wait list (State-category wise) will be maintained for one year from the date of result of the engagement of apprentices or next engagement exercise, whichever is earlier. Candidates will be released only once from this waitlist against non-joining subject to availability of qualified candidates.
Job Profile :
Apprentice. This is not an employment in the Bank. Nor the same is contract employment. Please note that the candidates engaged as Apprentice will NOT be treated as “employees” of the SBI and will not be entitled to receive any benefits which are available for the employees of the Bank
Application Fee :
General/OBC/EWS - Rs.300/-
SC/ST/PwBD - NIL
*Fee/ Intimation charges once paid will NOT be refunded on any account nor can it be held in reserve for any other exam or selection.
General Information :
- The Candidate should NOT have undergone Apprenticeship either in SBI or in any other organization earlier or pursuing Apprenticeship Training as per the apprenticeship Act 1961 as amended. The training duration / apprenticeship or engagement period shall be 1 year and Govt. of India Guidelines will be followed for leave, working conditions and holidays.
- Candidates who had training or job experience for a period of one year or more after the attainment of the educational qualifications, shall NOT be eligible for being engaged as
- No Ex-servicemen / Disabled Ex-Servicemen shall be engaged as an apprentice and there is no reservation to Ex-servicemen/ Disabled ex-servicemen in the apprentice engagement.
- SBI shall have no obligation to offer regular employment to Apprentices during and/or after the completion of the apprenticeship period. After completion of
- Apprenticeship period, candidates will be relieved from the respective work area.
- The decision of the Bank will be final and binding on all candidates on all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of applications, mode of selection, cancellation of the
- selection process either in part or full etc. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard. Filling up of the seats is solely at the discretion of the Bank based on suitability of candidates and no claim will arise for engagement, if some of these seats are not filled due to unsuitability / insufficient number of candidates.
- Online applications which are incomplete shall not be considered as “Eligible” and treated as “Rejected”. No communication will be entertained in this regard.
- Candidates should satisfy themselves about their eligibility for engagement in apprentice. The Bank would admit to the test all the candidates applying for the apprentice on the basis of the information furnished in the online application and shall determine their eligibility only at the time of document verification. Admission to tests will be purely provisional without verification of age/qualification/category (SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PwBD), etc. of the candidates with reference to documents.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest to apply online well before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/inability/failure to log on to the website on account of heavy load on internet or website jam.
- SBI does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of SBI.
About Us :
State Bank of India is an Indian multinational, public sector banking and financial services statutory body headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. SBI is the 43rd largest bank in the world and ranked 236th in the Fortune Global 500 list of the world's biggest corporations of 2019