Company Name: ABB
Job Title: HSE Specialist
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Publication ID: IN63716240_E3
1. Regulatory compliance: Supports managers and employees to ensure area of responsibility is compliant with HSE standards, regulations and guidelines. Prepares safety instructions and notices and assists with relevant training.
2. Risk management: Conducts HSE audits and workplace inspections to identify potential hazards and risks and highlights corrective measures required.
3. Operations: Supports implementation of HSE objectives, incident investigations and root cause analyses within the respective organization.
4. Continuous improvement: Collects, analyses and reports on HSE performance, identifies problems and makes suggestions to avoid repeating the problem in the future.
5. Communication and engagement: Collaborates with managers and employees in order to report on, raise awareness and gain commitment for HSE initiatives and performance.
ABB is a global leader in power and automation technologies. Based in Zurich, Switzerland, the company employs about 140,000 people and operates in approximately 100 countries. The firm’s shares are traded on the stock exchanges of Zurich, Stockholm and New York.
ABB’s business is comprised of five divisions that are in turn organized in relation to the customers and industries they serve.
The group is particularly proud of its record for innovation – widely recognized through countless awards and scientific accolades. Many of the technologies we take for granted today, from ultra efficient high-voltage direct current power transmission to a revolutionary approach to ship propulsion, were developed or commercialized by ABB.
Today ABB is the largest supplier of industrial motors and drives, the largest provider of generators to the wind industry and the largest supplier of power grids in the world.